Monday, March 21, 2011

Easy Edit Action

Most of the times when I take a photo, I know instantly how I will want to edit it.  This is not that photo... if you could see what was happening you would understand.  Jackson was telling me he was going to stick a rock in his nose (he knows that gets my attention), Kennon has both feet in the water (he is at least a 30 second run away from me.) Needless to say, I was alone and my brain was everywhere but on this photo.  Braylen as sweet as can be said "Mommy look at me, I have this pretty thing will you take a photo?" 

I get home and unload the images and I love it! It is my daughter to a tee.  It is a good clean picture.  There actually was nothing going on in the sky and was dull.  Right one!! A great picture and a sweet moment captured.

This is the original. If I didn't know any better I would be thrilled.


Here is the embarrassing part of OkiDoki.  I worked for an entire year before learning what an action is.  I did everything by hand.  This is a free action that was posted HERE.  It is the MCP mini Fusion.  While I don't love what it did to my photo, it is a great action to learn to use and play with.  It took about 10 seconds to run.


This is my first edit and I hate it.  Can you tell me what I did wrong?


 I erased too many highlights from her face, which makes her skin look fake.  Some people love the plastic look but it makes me insane.  



I remember reading this somewhere... K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.  That is right up my alley and it stuck.  50 years from now I will remember what my real daughter looked like, not a plastic version I created of her.

Here is the side by side comparison.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop